Wednesday 14 November 2012

PROJECT 02: MINI MUSEUM

Project 02 is a project that more interesting for me. This project discuss us to design a mini museum for home-stay. I like museum because all artifacts and history stories too. 

This project consider us to design mini museum to display all artifacts.

As following the project brief,
The main themes are SOCIAL, CULTURAL, and COMMERCIAL. 
The site for mini museum is same as previous as Project 01, at Kota Aur Home-Stay. 
There are still a lot of artifacts or old heritage local products. However, some of these are still in use and some of these also became only collectable items due to the change in technology. These artifact have the heritage value therefore need to be preserved to prevent from becoming obsolete.

Thus, we need to design a space to relocate and exhibit these valueable heritage artifacts. It will become a centre for them to display their cultural heritage crafts, tools and products. The small museum will help in enhancing the aesthetic quality of the place and will help to increase their income level. It is suggested to have a space for them to sell the local souvenir to local or foreign tourists. Maximum regular size for the mini museum suggested is 15 feet x 15 feet (4.6 meters x 4.6 meters) or maximum area 21.16 square meters. The form of mini museum can be regular or irregular in shape. In design proposal, we need to consider the following aspects:

  • Site survey
  • Early idea sketches
  • Design concept
  • Layout plan
  • 2 sections, 4 elevations
  • 3 perspective including 2 interiors and 1 exterior
  • Conceptual lighting plan
  • Furniture
  • Material finishes
  • High quality scaled model
This project duration is 5 weeks (8 Oct 2012 till 9 Nov 2012)

What is "museum"???
In institution that cares for a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistics, cultural or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanentor temporary.

One of museum that display and exhibit the paddy harvesting things or artifacts is "MUZUIM PADI" or Paddy Museum where located at Gunung Jerai, Alor Setar, Kedah Darul Aman. This concept is "banting padi" on that plan.



You may visit that museum's website to explore what things have inside. Here, their website is;

I ever go this museum in two or three times. That was became one of my favourite museum because Muzium Padi has full of art. I really awesome for their (North Korean) art on the top of this museum. 

At first, my plan is irregular with concept of shape of paddy. But, not interesting for me.

Finally, I find that Kota Aur Village has their history background. Their history shows that they have site where ever built Hindu/Buddha temple in Kota Aur Village. That one idea produced that help me to improve design. Actually, I ever see how shape of Hindu/Buddha temple that ever built at Lembah Bujang. I really like their building's shape because their building has several level of roof. In case, it is same with building as shown in Bali Island, Indonesia. This known as "Meru".


Within 3 to 4 weeks, I busy to improve and design with some of details .

My model is processing to complete.


It took me three days to complete. Cut and paste the model's wall using satay stick.

There have one week to go to submit my project. I had rushing my time to draw on A2 board. Busy and stress. However, I felt enjoy to draw.


I also draw using sketchup and photoshop software.



Finally, I had complete on what I did for submission. 


And my model too.


Next time, I want improve my design to get creative what I have.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment